NSW (Day 2) Kangaroo Valley to Katoomba

The morning dawned bright and warm and after a walk around the beautiful grounds and a full
English breakfast I was on my way... another day of twisty roads and beautify scenery.

Unfortunately I missed the first view point of the day: Fitzroy Falls.  By the pictures on the internet it is a stunning waterfall.

Climbing out of the valley I knew this was going to be a beautifully interesting day... and I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves after I ramble a bit...

At about noon I started to get very lonely.  Perhaps it was some of the names of the villages - they were all so very different then home... and then there would be a familiar name: Balmoral and Wentworth Falls...

Its been a long trip and I'm glad that as I write this I have only today September 16th and tonight on my own before I reunite with Peg and then other colleagues on Saturday at the IPCA Conference.

I picked up a book in the lounge of the B&B last night, drawn to the title: A Year in the World: Journey's of a Passionate Traveller by Frances Mayes and came across these words:
Everything I pick up seems to lure me away. Everything I do in my daily life begins to feel like striking wet matches. The need to travel is a mysterious force. A desire to 'go' runs through me equally with an intense desire to 'stay' at home. An equal and opposite thermodynamic principle. When I travel, I think of home and what it means. At home I'm dreaming of catching trains at night in the gray light of Old Europe, or pushing open shutters to see Florence awaken. The balance just slightly tips in the direction of the airport.
My balance has shifted... toward home and a desire for a walk to the gentle falls in Wentworth, NS as the seasons change.

... on the Sabbath Road...
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for a Wild Goose Ride...

A Blanket of Humility

(Day 49) What a Sunday drive!!!!!! Truly a Sabbath experience!!!